SlideShowPro Director (self-install) features an automatic update system that allows you to quickly and easily install updates from within your installation of Director when they're made available. If you are running version 1.4 or higher you will see an upgrade notification at the top of Director's "Snapshot" and System Info screens anytime a new release is made available. Follow the instructions provided there to upgrade.
If you have an installation of SlideShowPro Director that is older than 1.4, or the auto-update system described above does not work for you, here are instructions for upgrading your installation:
1. Login to the Account Center and download the upgrade package for the latest version of SlideShowPro Director.
2. Open a connection to the domain where SlideShowPro Director is installed using your FTP client.
3. Open the slideshowpro folder, and delete the app folder inside.
4. Drag all the files and folders from the upgrade package's slideshowpro folder to the slideshowpro folder on the server, making sure to overwrite the old copies.
5. Open your web browser, and sign-in to your Director install like you normally do. SlideShowPro Director will upgrade your installation.
First you need to upgrade your Director install to 1.1.9, which can be downloaded through the Account Center. After download, follow the appropriate instructions below:
Delete the 'app' folder from your server's ssp_director folder. Then drag all the files from the upgrade package to your ssp_director folder on the server, making sure to overwrite the old copies. Login to Director to complete the upgrade.
Upgrading from earlier releases requires a few extra steps. Remember, make a good backup before starting in case anything goes wrong.
1) First, check to ensure your conf.php resides in the config folder. If it still is in inc/data, move it to config now.
If you have used inc/user/user_setup.php to set any values for your specific setup, move that file (user_setup.php) to the config folder at the root of your ssp_director folder. If user_setup.php is empty, you can skip this step.
If you have set up custom CSS styles in css/user.css, move user.css to the config folder before continuing.
2) Delete everything in your ssp_director folder except the following five folders: albums, album-thumbs, album-audio, config, xml_cache.
3) In the upgrade package, you should find a single folder inside the ssp_director folder (it should be named app) along with several php files. Upload the app folder and the php files to your ssp_director folder on the server.
Finally, upload the .htaccess file (also in the ssp_director folder). If you do not see this file, make sure your FTP program is set to show hidden files. This file should also be placed at the root of your ssp_director folder.
That's it! Now just login to your Director install, and you will be automatically redirected to the upgrade page.